Monday 3 October 2011

Eventful weekend? Nah....

So this is my first post... gosh... am I actually blogging now? Saturday morning came, and like clockwork, my body woke itself at 7.30. I lay still, listening to the sound of the humidifier puffing out a constant stream of vapour. I close my eyes, but I'm awake. I savour the moment of this tranquil bliss... The husband is still snoring next to me. His deep nasal noises resound in my head, with each breath, his snores are louder than the last. The baby is sleeping width-ways in her cotbed, with a foot sticking out between the bars. I hear shuffling. It's the baby. In what felt like a micro second, she stood bolt upright in her bed, eyes still closed, bear in mouth. She raised her little arm and pointed towards my side of the room and said, "ma ma". That, was the beginning of my weekend...


It was inevitable that both husband AND baby would catch my cold. It always happens like that. If one of us gets ill, we ALL get ill. Anyway, not much happened this weekend, so I'll tell you what I did last weekend instead. I shopped. Oh yes. I managed to successfully acquire this lovely pair of flats, yes FLATS. Oh did I mention that I'm an avid shoe hoarder? Predominately heels, high ones. Louboutins to be precise. However, since becoming a mother, I've had to refrain from wearing heels too often. Health 'n safetly and all that jazz, see?  These 'Choos will see me through the autumn, the deep burgundy colour signifies all things autumnal. Me likey.





Pretty huh? You ain't seen nothin'... More shoe pics some other time!


I baked last night by the way. I thought to myself, "what better way to spend a scorching hot, sunny, sunday evening? Righty, I'll stay in and bake!" I made banana muffins, and I don't mean to blow my own trumpet so to speak, but what delicious banana muffins they were. Moist, with just the perfect amount of sweetness. Went down a treat with the husband and baby. They love me long time.


So it was a sunday night. The baby was asleep, and the husband was watching football... What better way to end my week, but to kick back, enjoy a lovely pot of tea, read an iBook, and enjoy my lovely banana muffins... ahhh.... True bliss....


No comments:

Post a Comment